Exploring Bali on Scooter | Part 4 | Pura Lempuyang Luhur & Blue Lagoon Beach

Adding to my previous blogs on #ExploingBaliOnScooter, here is more interesting place to visit in Bali. Pura Lempuyang Luhur temple is one of the most Instagramed moment for sure. Its around 2 hours away from the Ubud City Center or even Sanur beach.




You can see the amazing view of Mount Agung Volcano from the temple. If you heard the recent news, this is the same volcano which erupted volcanic ashes in the air as high as 2 km causing shut down of the Bali airport for 1 day resulting in cancellation of 400+ flights. I was quite lucky as I had to fly to Bali on Friday night and Airport was shut down on Thursday, I was concerned about missing my flight. Luckily Mount Agung heard my prayers and was relaxed on the Friday which gave a green flag for the Airport to open and I landed in Bali on Saturday morning. yeahh :)


I decided to go by 150cc Scoopy and it had its tough time going though up and down the hills. I added a quick stop over near Blue Lagoon beach as it had perfect set for clicking some colorful memories.


I also got the opportunity to introduce a new friend for the Scoopy :D


If you ask me, there is nothing special at Blue Lagoon beach as its just a pier side. Instead, you should stop 15 minutes before where the view is much much better.
After spending an hour there, I challenged the Scoopy for the next mountain task. It helped me to reach the temple safe and sound.
The entry to temple is free of cost, but usually you need to put money in donation boxes before you are allowed to go up to the temple. I head lot of negative comment about Pura Beshaikh temple where you will be forced for a donation as high as 50-100 USD to go inside, but at this temple I just donated 20000 IDR (100 INR or 2 USD) without any pressure as such. You have to wear Sarong (like a Lungi) before you go to the temple.
The temple has two main attractions, one is the place to take a photograph where you can see a long queue usually. Your photo will be taken by few local people with your phone and a mirror which gives amazing illusion of a lake. You can donate as much money(2-5USD) you want . Unfortunately it was cloudy day so you cant see the Mount Agung in the background, otherwise its a view worth of every penny on a clear sky :)


The second attraction is the thee way stair case entrance to the man temple. The middle one is used for ceremonies and you are not allowed to climb up, but you are free to climb up through side ways.


The view from the stairs looks absolute amazing :)


I hope you have a nice time in Bali :)

Disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand, its just my personal view without any intention to promote/demote any individual or brand. Though it's only done to share my memories and not for monetary benefits, but please give due credit or take permission for using any content (blog/images/videos)

Comments

  1. Hi friend,
    Can I ask you some questions?
    How long it take from Ubud Center to Lempuyang Temple? And any difficulty on the road when riding a scooter to this place?
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i am so sorry as I just saw this comment as i didnt get any notification :(

      It took around 2 hours as I could remember. As I am a regular rider, so i didnt feel any difficulty but my pillion was tired :D

      If you are not used to ride on motorbikes, I wouldn't suggest this route as its little risky with traffic/mountains and potholes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dune Bashing and Desert Safari Camp Experience in Dubai [Klool - Royal Eagle]

Let it be