1500 KM 3 Days and 1 Reliable #TataHarrier #BangaloreToBilaspur

The lockdown has been a tough roommate to be living with for almost 9 months, so I decided to break up and set outside myself on a journey of 1500 KM. The trip started from Bangalore and ended in Bilaspur (CG), with one night stop at Hyderabad and Nagpur each.

Prelude: I bought my #TataHarrier a.k.a #NightFury in October and was getting a craving for taking this on a long drive, except for 100KM odd drives around the city. So I decided to take this new baby of just 500 KM older on a mile-munching road trip.

Day 1: I started from the Whitefield(Bangalore) around 8 AM as planned departure of 6 AM, don't blame me its all my family fault ;) I took the best route suggested by the Google map as usual and with 2 stops of 20 minutes each on the way to Hyderabad.

I landed at Sheraton Hyderabad around 5 PM, making a total of 9 hours trip time for 570 KM. The reason for staying at Sheraton was two-folded, 1. because I have stayed for 1 week there before for the lockdown, and 2. its quick proximity to the ORR. Not to mention the fact about its good service and well-maintained hygiene level.

Thank the Marriott Bonvoy member, it cost light on my pocket as I paid only 4100 INR for 2 people with breakfast.

The best part about the stay was the service, as they packed my breakfast along the way to save 30 minutes at the tables. The heavy breakfast was sufficient enough for 2 people and helped us to reach Nagpur without any stop :)

Day 2: Hyderabad to Nagpur

As usual we started at 8 AM, the road from Hyderabad to Nagpur is as good too as its same NH7 which basically connects Kashmir to Kanyakumari. This time I avoided any stop on the way as Harrier was effortlessly eating up the remaining kilometers. Though the downside was, I got a speeding ticket of 1000 Rs.

I feel it's unfair ask by Nagpur police, as they were hiding after a turn which was right on the slope. There were no speed signs nearby, so it's hard to guess the speed limit of 65 as the road was still good enough to drive close to 80. I got challan through SMS with a web link where I could download challan proof and pay it online.

Nevermind, I reached Le Meridien Nagpur around 4 PM which makes the total trip time of 8 hours for 520 KM. After a quick check-in, I relaxed in the open green space.

I booked from Bonvoy account and it cost me 7300 for 2 people including breakfast+Dinner. As I ordered Rice+Dal after checking, it added 800 rs as an additional cost. (yeah, I could have 3 Pizza any other day :p)

Day 3: I checked out at 8 AM and could reach Bilaspur in only 6 hours 30 minutes with a distance of 400KM, without any stop on the way. But again I got the challan saying the speed limit was 55 KMPH at one place, there was no sign of speed limit nearby and it was clear highway :(

Total Distance: 1556 KM

Mileage: around 17 KMPL (As per Console it was 18.5)

Diesel Cost: 7300 Rs

Toll:1045 Rs

Speed Tickets: 2000 Rs

Sheraton stay: 4100 Rs

Le Meridien Stay: 8100 Rs

Total Cost: 22K

I did the same trip in December to come back to Bangalore, the timing was around the same but this time I got a mileage of 18 KMPL (19.5 KMPL as per console). Also, I was a little careful this time while driving in MH, so there was no speeding ticket :)

In return journey, I stayed at Le Meridien in Nagpur and Fairfield by Marriott in Hyderabad. It cost me 6800 and 4200 respectively, for breakfast+dinner package as I booked from my Bonvoy account #BonvoyHappiness :) The overall cost of the return trip was 19K.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with any brand, it's just my personal view without any intention to promote/demote any individual or brand. Though it's only done to share my memories and not for monetary benefits, please give due credit or take permission for using any content (blog/images/videos)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dune Bashing and Desert Safari Camp Experience in Dubai [Klool - Royal Eagle]

Let it be